Sunday, April 19, 2009

4/19/2009--From Jean



















On our way to the mecca for book making enthusiasts. Handmade books are an art form onto themselves. Talas has hundreds of handmade papers, and an extensive supply of book cloth, including some spectacular Japanese specialty cloths. Sadly, they only sell by the yard, so unless everyone wants one for Christmas, the $49/yard (for my favorite) is somewhat of a deal-breaker. Never would have guessed the store would get as much traffic as it did! Its pretty far off the beaten path, in an industrial area of Brooklyn. On a side note: we also took a book binding class. We were taught Coptic book binding at the Book Center in NY. It was great! Book binding is basically sewing, so it was right up my alley. I hope to take another class on a return trip.

Shot with the little Canon Powershot. (I hate every photo I take with this thing! A necessary evil, my beloved Canon 5D would break my back if I had to carry it around all day. An upgrade on the travel camera may come soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment